A Poem on Jimny

Just to give a background. I booked my Jimny on Jan 12, 2023 after following it for 3+ years. Finally got Delivery on July 5th 2023. Lot of things happened waiting for Jimny and my wife was closely watching my every move… what the heck is Jimny!

So on Aug 12 we set out for long trip in Jimny and wife realized the craze for Jimny when it made head turn from School kids, Teenagers, Young men to Old men. Jimny was like show stopper for every human on the road…and interestingly fee street dogs also noticed this car and gave a strange stare and a bark…may be they also realized this is a different breed of car or may be they never heard of Jimny engine before.

We have never got this kind of attention in our life. This made my wife pen down a beautiful peom on Jimny.

This is written in Kannada our mother toungue.

ಪೀಠಿಕೆ

ಹದಿಹರೆಯದ ಯುವಕರಿಂದ ವಯಸ್ಸಾದ ಮುದುಕರವರೆಗೆ ತಿರುಗಿ ತಿರುಗಿ ನೋಡಿ ಬೀರಿದ ಮುಖದ ಮಂದಹಾಸ… ನಿಮ್ಮ ನೋಡಿ ನಗು… ಆಗ ತಿಳಿಯಿತು ನೀವೇಕೆ ಹೀಗೆ… ನಿಮ್ಮ ಜಿಮ್ನಿ ನಿಮಗೇಕೆ ಪ್ರಿಯ.

ಜಿಮ್ನಿ*

ನಾ ಮೂಕನಾದೆ ನನ್ನೊಡಯನೇ
ನಾ ಕರಗಿದೆ ಅರಸನೇ
ನೀ ಕಾಯ್ದ ಪ್ರತಿಕ್ಷಣವೂ
ನನ್ನ ಮಾಡಿದೆ ಮೃದುವು

ನೀ ಹಾಕಿದ ಒಡವೆಯನ್ನೆಲ್ಲ
ಹಾಕಿ ನಾ ಕಂಗೊಳಿಸಿದೆ ಊರೆಲ್ಲಾ
ನಾ ಹೊರಟರೆ ನಯ ಗಂಭೀರೆ
ಸುತ್ತಮುತ್ತ ಎಲ್ಲಾ ಸುಮಧುರೆ

ನಿನ್ನ ಕಂಗಳ ನೋಟ
ಘಮಘಮಿಸುವ ಹೂಗಳ ತೋಟ
ನಿನ್ನರಸಿಯು ನಾನು
ಹೇಗೆ ಒಪ್ಪಿಸಿದೆ ಮಡದಿಯ ನೀನು

ನಾ ನಡೆದ ಹಾದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ
ನೂರಾರು ಕಂಗಳ ದೃಷ್ಟಿಯಲ್ಲಿ
ನಿನಗೇಕೆ ಪ್ರಶಂಸೆ
ಅಸೂಯೆ ಇಲ್ಲದ ವರಸೆ

-ಸೌಮ್ಯ

=====================================
Translation is english

You have to read this as if Jimny is expressing her feeling

Preface

I had to write this as I saw Old to Young men give a heartful smile to the car when they admire Jimny. I never knew men are so crazy about Jimny.

Jimny

I was speechless to myself
I have melted, O king
The way you have waited
Has made me a queen…

All the jewels you have put in
Has given me a pride
Dignified walk when I leave
Melodic all around…

The look of your eyes
Like a garden of dazzling flowers
I am yours
How did you convince your wife?

On the path I walked
In the sight of hundreds of eyes
Why there is a praise in your eyes
Suprises me why no jealousy!

-Sowmya

Thanks to my Wife Sowmya to welocme Jimny home and to write a poem on Jimny straight from her heart.

2 Likes

This is truly unbelievable. I can’t even begin to imagine how motivated and enthusiastic you would have been about your Jimny that your wife wrote a poem expressing your feelings.

Many thanks to you and your wife. Truly exceptional.