Arm rests for Jimny

I have installed the JimnyStyle armrests on my Jimny. I felt that this is the closest to an OEM style armrest. The armrest is fitted directly on the seat’s metal frame by means of a supplied bracket. You do need to cut a small hole in the foam and in the seat fabric. But a supplied collar, covers the pivoting shaft perfectly. An adjustment knob on the bottom, lets you fine tune the resting position of the arm rest as per your desired height.

Installing it might get tricky, especially because you need to move the seat backrest spring a bit to make room for the supplied nut. Once the nut is tightened, you can put the spring back in its place.
I dropped the nut inside the seat assembly owing to sweaty palms and fishing the nut out was very frustrating.

It doesn’t occupy the cup holders like other armrests in the market. Having said that, the usage of the cup holders is still limited, you can only pop small 600ml bottles.

The material used in the armrest is top notch and has a faux leather finish on the top. The top part opens to reveal a storage space which is lined with anti-slip mats. I store my charging cable, mobile phone, keys etc in it and it doesn’t rattle around.

The cost is on the higher side, because of the ridiculous import duties. The list price was about 13k on streettracklife.com. i purchased a few other things to reduce shipping charges. Overall i believe it costed me about 18K including shipping and duties.

5 Likes