Berunda’s Journey

Here is a thread of the Berunda’s journey since the time of delivery on 15th July 2023

This is Manik Ahuja and me bringing the Berunda from the stockyard to the dealership on 13th July 2023

Viofo Dashcam installed with connection to back of cigarette lighter for power

Under hood insulation installed. What a difference it makes in cutting engine noise!

Cup holder and center armrest installed

Installed 10m of door edge guard. Perfect remaining length used to secure number plate from rattling

Rear defogger wire guard installed

Threshold guard tape installed.

For those of you who have kids, they have a knack to scratch this portion of the center console. So tape guard installed here as well.

Throttle Controller installation. Had to remove accelerator assembly and install the Ultimate9 evcX

Simply Jimny stickers!

All accessories installed.

6 Likes

Great experience Sanjay, I think it’s all decked up now. Your Guard tape install is really innovative especially at the centre console back side.

Do let us know how you find the throttle controller and the various modes.

Berunda looks great! It’d be really helpful if you share links of all the mods you installed on her…

The throttle controller makes Jimny a different animal. It is like a Stallion without reins. What a massive difference between the before and after.

Awesome. Please share the details on where you have sourced evcX THROTTLE CONTROLLER from. Is the installation easy DIY? Please do share your drive review post this upgrade. Are you using any specific mode or the automatic mode?

Both @Traveler and I both bought ours together form the US. Yes, it is DIY. However, it does take a bit of effort to unplug the original OEM coupler and couple it with the evcX. @Traveler installed the TC without disassembling the accelerator unit and I had to dismantle the accelerator unit, even though that was easy as well to do.

1 Like

Anti theft wheel bolts for all 5 tyres.

4 Likes

Installed the Anti Theft wheel nuts on all wheels and spare tyre.

2 Likes

What the latest with Berunda, I think are also putting up some decent miles on the Jimny.

Do try with 29 PSI and 30 PSi on a long journey and let us know how it behaves and the fuel efficiency figures. Perhaps you could try 29 PSI on one side of your trips and 30 on your return.

At the first service after 780kms in 3 weeks and enjoyed every bit of it.
Getting oil change, general check up, rear wheel hub cap and door panel installed.
Getting manual prescribed 0W-15 oil added.

Wow, that looks like the entire tech team was attending to your Bermuda. :grinning:

The official grade is 0w16

It was the first Jimny to come in for service in their service center. Was a focus of attention and discussion.
0W-16 was the oil added.

The Berunda with door panels installed now. A different look all together.

1 Like

The door cladding really does go well with the granite grey color. :grinning:

Sir, the Jimny looks very purposeful.

Request you to please share the links for the said accessories of Jimny.

I for one would like to buy them.

Thanks.

Any specific accessories you had in mind?

Sir, thanks for the quick responses. I am interested in procuring the following:

1. Center Console Arm rest
  2. Under Hood Insulation
  3. Bottle Holder
  4. Rear DeFogger Wire Gaurd
  5. Anti Theft Wheel Bolts
  6. Inclinometers & Other Digital displays on dashboard.

Request you to please share links for the same.

Thanks again.

1 Like

Finally got my hands on the owners manual and I can’t wait to read it. Got it printed at Printster.

2 Likes
  1. Central armrest
    https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/dp/B0BBV2QTR8/ref=sr_1_6?crid=1C6S3D3WDBKI9&keywords=jimny+central+armrest&qid=1692253513&replacementKeywords=セントラル+アームレスト&sprefix=jimny+central+armre%2Caps%2C588&sr=8-6&vehicle=スズキ%3Aジムニー
  2. Underhood insulation
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08CVFLZPH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  3. Bottle holder
    https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/Seikosangyo-Drink-Holder-Jimny-EE-224/dp/B08HLMWXRS/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2K8P0JBH419HK&keywords=jimny+bottle+holder&qid=1692253627&replacementKeywords=ボトルホルダー&sprefix=jimny+bottle+holde%2Caps%2C286&sr=8-3&vehicle=スズキ%3Aジムニー
  4. Rear Defogger Guard
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09MDZZPLS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  5. Anti Theft Bolts
    FaradIndia
  6. Inclinometer
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09362H3QS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
1 Like

Completed 1000 Kms of exciting and stress free driving in Bangalore traffic!

After a first long drive of 375 Km to Chennai here are my thoughts on the Berunda:

• Mileage range was max at 16.3 and settled down at 14.6 at a constant 90Km/Hr speed.
  • The vehicle is a breeze with hardly any fatigue after a 7-hour drive.
  • Unlike the Pajero in which I have driven a lot over the last 4 years, the Berunda requires constant steering correction to hold its lines on the road. The Pajero, a heavier vehicle with a wider tyre profile, could hold its line brilliantly. An example was when the vehicle went over rumble strips when I felt the back wheels give way a little. The next time I went over the rumble strips, this did not happen as I had slowed the speed a bit from 90 Km/Hr to 60 Km/Hr.
  • The last part of my drive was after dark and I must say that Baeruda’s headlights are really good, especially in high beam. Turning on the fog lights, helped get better visibility over nearer objects.
  • I choose between the Adapt and Economy (#7) modes on the throttle controller. I felt this was a good combination to choose when on the highway and then the city.
  • Lastly, I felt that the Berunda needs careful handling on curves especially when it is windy. I found it hard at times to hold the lane when I was on cruise control during navigating curves.

Overall, this was a really good experience taking the Berunda out on the highway and I can’t wait to get on the Leh-Umlinga expedition.

2 Likes