First Impressions after Delivery of A AT White

Took delivery of my pearl Arctic white Jimny on 22nd, from Himachal (Hamirpur). Nexa experience was seamless, I did all coordination via phone and also had the option for getting the vehicle delivered to NCR or Chandigarh. But I didn’t want to miss the chance of driving it for 450 kms on the very first day.

Will start with negatives first. Given the 4-speed AT, highway driving is slow. 450 km had nearly 300 km of straight highway. Not something would enjoy best in Jimmy. Drove around in Noida and Delhi few times and the difference in acceleration and speed does hit, as I was using Swift VDI from last 6 years. Not sure how bad it is in MT.

Braking is a bit slower and overall, compared to modern day monocoque CSUVs, this seems a bit less refined.

Overtaking can be a pain point, and quick acceleration raises RPM really quick, with lot of noise.

Positives:

• Amazing commanding position. I’m 5’5 but it’s absolutely amazing for me. So for someone taller, it’d feel even better.

• Head Turner for sure. I was stopped 3 times by random people to click pics with me. Once near kiratpur, once in Mohali once in Sonipat. Even in Noida I see people taking videos on the road.

• very comfortable drive, suspension is amazing.

• mileage is 14.5 thus far. Haven’t checked it manually, going by the reading.

• very less cabin noise.

• sound quality amazing ( music)

• touch screen is great

• steering is light, probably lighter than my swift

• low gears work like charm. Had to take diversion from Ghumarwin - Kiratpur highway (for those who know) and enter a small mountain village trail of sort that reaches Swarghat, and it did an amazing job. It even idle-stopped at a hairpin due to traffic and started and picked up without any hesitation from the same spot.

• good clearance, it just feels really confident

• overall, awesome experience. Loving every bit of this vehicle.

Also, about the speed, consider my review coming from someone who’s always ripping the Swift full throttle. So for people who anyway drive pleasantly, may not be a big change. 75-85 is the best cruising speed for Jimny. That’s where it seems comfortable.

Jimny is FUN.

5 Likes

congrats and thanks for the review. Looking forward to some off roading reviews as well.

Congratulations!! Nice crisp review.

Any updates on your Jimny. Do update us about any new accessories etc that you may have installed