Hi all, few clarifications about modifications

Hi all, I am Jay from Chennai, a new member to the forum. I have got my new Jimny Zeta AT, bluish black color on 11th Jan 2024. Immediate modifications done. Alloy wheels fitted in Nexa showroom while taking delivery. And upgraded Yokohama geolander tyres 215/75/R15. So far done 500 Kms, I am using it for my daily office commute approx. 50km up and down. I am really happy with the car. I am yet o explore off roading and road trips.
My objectives to join this forum to learn and share and join some road trips whenever possible.

Kindly suggest if anyother things needs to done. I am planning to do ceramic coating. It it worth doing? if so PPF or Ceramic which is the best one for Jimny?

if add ladder, will it cause any damage to the rear door? Are the Jimny ladders are functional? or only cosmetic?

Thank you…

1 Like

Ceramic will protect the paint against UV, Swirl marks and add a coat of water repelling to the paint, it will not protect against scratches but will definitely take some amount of abuse due to washing and cleaning. PPF will add a much better protection layer but it will cost a lot. It will protect against scratches and occasional scuffs etc.

Depending on your use you can select either of them. I have always gone for Ceramic as the amount of protection it provides is enough for me.

Ladder is largely a cosmetic addition and the way it clamps on the top edge of the rear door may result in damage to the top edge if it is not fitted properly.

Do join us on our Telegram Group at Telegram: Contact @simplyjimny also. The group is really active and you can get a wealth of information there as well.

Thank you for your reply :slight_smile: