Installing a RAM Mount Mobile Holder in Maruti Jimny

This is a small DIY on how to install a RAM Mount Mobile holder in the Jimny. We will be using one of the three Faux Bolts in the Jimny’s Dashboard to install this. Please see the instructional video below on how to do this in about 10 minutes.

Part 1: The RAM Mount and its components.

Part 2: Unpacked RAM Mount and assembly.

Part 3: Final Product Desk Assembly.

Part 4: Tools needed to install the mobile holder.

Part 5: Installing the RAM mount mobile holder in the Maruti Jimny.

I hope this video is helpful for you. Please reply if you have any question / comments.

7 Likes

Thanks for sharing. Looks like a strong fit. Even the placed position should be comfortable for driver and passenger.
I can’t seem to find the particular RAM Mount kit you used. Can you tell me the website to buy it.

Welcome to the forum Sushant, I bought everything from Amazon US.

Basically you need the Mobile Holder which comes with a base having a ball joint. Secondly you need an Arm that connects the two ball joints together and finally you need the ball joint that screws into the grab handle of the Jimny.

Here are the links

1 Like

I installed the Ram Handlebar clamp base on the Grab Handle and had to use a M850mm Bolt instead of the smallest M860mm bolt that’s supplied with the pack as it was too long.

1 Like

Could you please post some pictures also

Seems I cannot attach Pictures

That look good. I was able to use the smallest bolt that came in the packet without any problem. Didn’t notice what the length was for that smallest one.

The smallest Bolt got stuck 3/4 of the way when I went to tighten it so had to use a shorter bolt.

I am in Mumbai so generally buy Ram Mounts from Crossroad -

Thanks for the information and for sharing the link for the RAM mount dealer in Mumbai. It will be helpful for others if they want one.

Another indian shop to buy RAM accessories: BikeNBiker

1 Like