Introductions Here

Hello and welcome to the forum!!

Please introduce yourself and let yourself known to the community, which Jimny you booked/own and any specific mods that you have/planned for your Jimny and any other information you wish to share, in the below format:

• Name (if you are a private person, your username/nick would do it)
  • Location (State/City depending on your level of comfort in sharing. We don’t need your actual location.)
  • Jimny Model/Make/Year
  • Mods existing/planned
  • Any other details that you wish to share like trips made etc.
  • An image of your Jimny if applicable
  • Last but not least, ensure you read the Using the Forum Effectively and Efficiently topic. It will give you a jumpstart on how to use the forum much more easily and comfortably.

Thank you :blue_car:

1 Like

Hey everyone, Ajay here from Hyderabad. Booked the Bluish Black Zeta Manual.
Wish to cover the snow, sandy desert, rivers, forest, rocks, smooth highways, country roads and mall trips :smiley:
Planned mods are Dash cam for starters. Will try to enjoy stock to the max and keep upgrading for a new car feel every year.

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum. Thanks Manik for the initiative and keeping the motivation high.

This is Vivek from Lucknow. Booked the lower variant AT pearl white on 15th Jan 2023 after reviewing for a couple of days. It reminds me of researching Swift way back in 2006 (as i recall) after watching its launch on tv by the then chairman. Got delivered the top variant red colour after 6 months approximately. In fact, i had almost forgotten about the booking and was subsequently rewarded with a complementary cake on completion of 1st year of launch by the dealership. I don’t recall any TD before taking the delivery.

Hoping Jimny to be a repeat in terms of VFM and versatility. Only negative of low GC of Swift is overcome now. Also, Swift’s airbag turned out to be a lifesaver when it hit head on into the road divider after i turned a corner at high speed as the left side wheels ran over soft monsoon mud. Though, the impact was severe, damage to the car was minimal.

Jimny’s traction control and my sedate driving now would enable traveling on snow, ice, muddy and sandy terrain. Camping would be possible and the nature-lover be satiated.

Thanks to the forum members for enriching with essential know-how.

4 Likes

Hi All , Darshan Gowda from Bangalore another IT professional nextdoor :grin:. I am married and father of 2 sons. Booked Granite Grey Alpha Manual on Jan 12 th. Since kid i did grow up seeing Maruti Gypsy fans with altered mufflers in the remote coffee estates of coorg and chikkamangalur. I got the bug of 4×4 after attending few offroad events in Coorg, Chikkamangaluru and Bangalore with my cousin who owns MM550 XDP and new Thar. I would like to go on free spirit expeditions in my Jimny where other 2WD vehicles cannot reach. Would like to go anywhere from Open roads, Hills, Snow, Sand dunes, Rivers, Forest and On rocks.

I currently own 2015 Renault Duster MT and Renault Kwid AT. I do own a 2022 Yezdi Roadster, Honda Activa and TVS Jupiter.

Jimny mods:
I am planning to add Roof Rack, Ladder and Tyre change Yokohama 215/75 R15 on the first day…after few months i will get radial cup guards and under body protection and few needed assoceries like Arm rest and Dash cam. Waiting for TD to dicide and take my Jimny home.

5 Likes

Hello All! This is Om Prakash Maurya from 160025 / 201016. I booked online GG Alpha AT on 14 Jan 2023 with NEXA Ghaziabad. I was contacted by SM at NEXA for PAN and Aadhar. Subsequently was provided the SOB. Right now waiting for the price reveal and TD.
I am more of a two wheeler guy, but taking the plunge just for Jimny. Have owned a 1992 Toyota Corona Ex-saloon 2.0 L diesel automatic in the past but had to let go of because of NGT. I am right now riding a Duke 200 (which I greatly love for the high revving characteristics, quick acceleration and light weight nimble flicking). It brings smile everytime on my face I see it.

3 Likes

Hi All, Aravind from Bangalore. Working in IT. Booked BB Alph Automatic. Jimny will be mainly used for weekend trips to farm and some adventure far North and North East.

I have Crysta 2.8 Automatic and Tiago AMT. Jimny may replace Tiago or stay as third car.

Looking forward to meeting some of you.

3 Likes

Hello everyone, I am Rahul Bansal from NCR Bhiwadi, I am a businessman by profession and traveller by passion, currently my rides are Tata Harrier and Maruti Brezza DDIS. Looking forward to add Jimny to my garage. I wish to travel unexplored places with Jimny.

4 Likes

Hey everyone, Tarun here from Haridwar,Uttarakhand. Booked the Bluish Black Zeta Automatic.
Currently driving Santro, Nexon. Have driven earlier gypsyies quite a lot. Looking for 5 seater SUV , have also booked MG Hector 2023 and Mahindra Scorpio N. Will decide after a test drive of JIMNY, driving dynamics and rear seat comfort is what I am looking at, if Jimny fits in fine for 4 of us in family, will go ahead with it.
Booked it on 13th Jan ie 2nd day itself…

5 Likes

Hello everyone,Nishant josan from sirsa haryana a computer science graduate.will finalise Jimny after test drive.my current rides are Ritz 2014 and corolla 2018.
Thanks

5 Likes

Welcome Nishant, great to have you here. Wishing you an exciting test drive and welcome to the Jimny club.

2 Likes

Hello, fellow Jimnians,
My name is Sanjay Sridhar and I am an architect by qualification and currently working with several state governments across India in the area of Environment and Climate Change. I am based out of Bangalore and I currently own a 2011 Pajero SFX 4x4. My profile pic will add to that vehicle’s capabilities…words can’t do justice!

I have booked the Jimny All Grip Zeta AT Model in Granite Grey. I look forward to this forum to meet and interact with like-minded individuals and learn in the process about your exploits on the Jimny.

Happy Jimning!

8 Likes

Welcome to the forum!!

1 Like

Hello everyone!

I am Sandeep, your typical IT professional from Bangalore. The Suzuki Jimny (or the erstwhile Gypsy) is simply my second most favorite car of all time. However, it is my top favorite car that I can realistically acquire.

(my #1 car is, and probably always will be, the Porsche 911 turbo, 993 generation, but I digress).

So, you can imagine my elation the moment I realised I can actually buy it right here in India, right now, and that it probably won’t burn a large hole in my pocket. I booked it on Day 2 of reveal (only because on Day 1, I was swamped at work and online booking was not showing Jimny).

For me, this is 100% an emotional purchase, as I have no need for it. I currently own 2019 Honda Jazz CVT which just has 20k on it, thanks to long pandemic restrictions and WFH. I had no plans to replace it.

I was always following the Jimny news on TBHP forums and eagerly waiting for its India launch since the time it was announced that Jimny is now being manufactured here and exported out. At this stage I was confident that the launch here was just a matter of time.

So here we are. I have booked the Bluish Black Alpha AT. I hope Maruti does not price it out of my reach. I normally keep my vehicles bone stock. But I am open for functional mods. I think I will likely upgrade the tyres. Will certainly get some accessories like mud flaps, internal storage management items, spare wheel cover etc. Will also replace the front grille with the ‘SUZUKI’ one if it is available.

Please note that I am a complete noob on most things 4x4 , I have no experience other than driving my friend’s 1st Gen Mahindra Thar around a bit.

Last but not least, thanks to Manik for creating this forum. Very happy to interact and learn from the members here.

Let’s go!

4 Likes

Hi everyone ! I am Dr Amar and i stay in Thane (Maharashtra)
I have always been a 4x4 lover and like most of us over here was in love with the Gypsy. Unfortunately i missed buying one and regretted it after the productions stopped in 2018.
Saw Jimny the first time in London. And fell head over heel in love with it. In fact i came to know about the Jimny first time then.
I love the Jimny for its compact nature and yet the 4x4 benefits. In fact i would have preferred the 3 door version.
I have booked a kinetic yellow MT, first day first show (12th Jan with 11k which was later hiked to 25k …:laughing:) Honestly i just wanted to book the jimny and all other decisions (alpha / zeta / MT / AT etc) were to be taken after seeing the car. But the showroom guys insisted on filling all blanks with the assurance that i would be allowed to change these things once rhe car arrives in showroom. But i think i will stick to MT.
I would love to enjoy the STOCK (except for dashcam etc) car and not mess with the warranty. Eventually of course a lift, bigger tyres, roof tent etc would follow.
Right now i own a isuzu but fear taking it to the drivers paradise (Leh Ladakh, kaza spiti, etc ) due to its size. Many have warned about the narrow roads and with a long wheelbase turning on sharp curves is an ordeal.

I do want to explore ALL OF INDIA & FARTHER , in my darling Jimny !! So awairing its arrival DESPERATELY…:heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Welcome Dr. Amar, the Jimny will take you far and wide and wherever your heart desires. Welcome once again.

1 Like

Nice intro Dr. Amar. Welcome to the forum. Hope to be happily Jimnying shortly.

1 Like

Swagatham!!! Welcome to our tight family!!

1 Like

Welcome Dr. Amar. All our dreams come true with Jimny .

1 Like

Welcome Sandeep…Happy time with Jimny

2 Likes