Jimny's pricing

Jimny’s pricing was just announced. The top spec automatic version is just shy of 18L OTR in MH. Looking for opinions on the pricing. Fair? Overpriced? I was eagerly looking forward to its pricing and I’m wondering if its car enough for this kind of pricing…

Hrishikesh, this is a question most of us are grappling with. So here are some factors for you to consider while making your decision.

• Will the Jimny be your primary vehicle? Given how capable the Jimny is in terms of the terrains it can go on in addition to urban roads, it will certainly be up to the challenge even if you want to take it off-road
  • Jimmy, given its size and its proportion will clearly be a vehicle for comfortable 4 people with a bit of luggage in the space behind the rear seats or on top of the luggage rack (if luggage racks are allowed in your state).

Now regarding pricing, what MSIL have done is that they have priced the lower spec very close to the top spec so that most people will end up buying the top spec. Ofcourse it will price out those buyers who were expecting the vehicle to come in at 11-12L. That is not the case.

Now ask yourself this question finally, is there a vehicle in this segment at this pricing and with this capability? If the answer is Yes, then there is a choice to be made. If the answer is No, then it is a no-brainer!

Lastly, from what I have heard and read about the recent pricing, this is only introductory pricing. It will definitely go up in the next few months.

Hope this feedback helps you make a decision.

3 Likes

Folks, Is the dealer enforcing mandatory accessories as a part of on-road price/sale? Anyone experiencing this.

Ideally they can’t do that. Write to MS - you should be sorted soon.

Thanks. It was taken care already, the moment I told them that I am going to escalate it to MSIL. They agreed instantaneously; looks like complaints are taken very seriously by MSIL. Glad to know. thought that this was only with Toyota!

1 Like

Wonderful update!!! Glad to know MS has their dealers on a leash.