SimplyJimny Innovations - Engine Start/Stop Disable, GPS Tracker, Diff Breather Kit

Hi Folks,

Starting this thread to list the innovations that have been done by SimplyJimny group to enhance the functions and features of the Jimny.

As a group we have worked together over the last one year and found solutions to some of the things that we always missed in the Jimny. I am putting together all these things in one topic here to make it easier to find details about these innovations for everyone.

1. The SimplyJimny Differential Breather Kit.
  2. The SimplyJimny Engine Start Stop Coupler.
  3. SimplyJimny GPS Tracker and Engine Cut-off system.

1. The SimplyJimny Differential Breather Kit. This kit improves the water wading capability of the Jimny from a mere 300 MM (1 Feet) to well over 600 MM (2 Feet) of water. We designed it specially for the Umling-LA expedition done in September 2003 and it has proven to be a successful and very durable product. It requires no holes or drilling any where in the Jimny and is a very valuable addition to the Jimny in case you have chances of encountering deep water during your travels. Attached is the brochure for this kit. The Differential breather kit has it own dedicated topic at Custom Made SimplyJimny Differential Breather Kit , you can check it out for more details. Here is a picture of the kit.

DISCLAIMER: SimplyJimny is not responsible for any damages that may be caused due to this Differential Breather Kit…

2. The SimplyJimny Engine Start Stop Coupler: This is a simple coupler specially made to disable the irritating Engine Start Stop feature of the Jimny. Many times we start the car and drive off and when we stop the engine cuts off. Though this is fuel saving and pollution reducing mechanism employed by most cars nowadays, it often ends up being a major irritant and inconvenience. It will stop the engine when you are not expecting it and becomes more of a bother. To disable this we have designed a simple coupler based system that effectively disables the Engine Start Stop Feature permanently. No wire splicing or cutting is required and can be removed whenever you want. Here is a picture of the coupler.

And here is a short video showing the couplers.

DISCLAIMER: SimplyJimny will not be responsible for any damage or any loss resulting from the use of this coupler.

3. SimplyJimny GPS Tracker and Remote Engine Cut-off system: The Jimny does not come with the Suzuki Connect system. For reason best knows to Maruti they decided not to provide the Suzuki Connect for Jimny, not even as an extra accessory. To overcome this SimplyJimny has designed it’s own tracking system that goes beyond just tracking, it also lets you remotely shut off the engine via an App or by sending an SMS. It makes your Jimny virtually theft proof. Apart from that here are some other features of the SimplyJimny GPS Tracker and Engine Cut-Off System.

1. Shock / Vibration Detection in locked car
  2. Configurable Speed Alerts.
  3. Engine On/Off Alerts
  4. Tracker removed from car alert.
  5. Full trip logging with ability to playback your trips. Shows actual route taken with full details like time and speed.
  6. Real time tracking of your car on Android and Apple and also on website.
  7. Motion detection alarm.
  8. Geofencing Alerts.
  9. Remote Engine Shut-off and Resume via SMS and App.

Some more functions can be configured also like remote fuel cut off by sending SMS.

All this has been made by using opensource software and integrating it with commonly available GPS trackers. All you need is a GPS Tracker and a SIM Card with around 200 MB of data per month.

I have been working on this for quite long and now it’s ready and tested. It is a very small device and is the size of a cigarette Lighter.

It can be installed very discreetly in a hidden place that I have also identified in the Jimny.

It draws in 22 mah power and can run for more than 2000 hours in a parked Jimny. That is more than 80 days of the car being parked without starting.

Further no wire splicing is needed and the whole setup takes about 30 minutes to install. Once installed there is no way for anyone to find out where it’s installed.

Now the shortcomings:

It’s based on an opensource tracking system which is very mature and stable. However it lacks the finesse and eye candy that commercial solutions provide.

There is a small learning curve to understand the App. I have spent many days and hours to learn it and now I can share that information with you all.

Having said that, it’s rock solid and reliable and works absolutely fine. World over many companies use it for tracking their vehicles.

Now the big question, cost…

Well I have decided to host the server for this at SimplyJimny’s expense so the service will be free if anyone of you wants to use it.

You will just need to get a GPS tracker and a SIM Card.

Commercially available trackers like Jiomotive etc are in the range of around 5K.

The tracker that I have used, costs a mere Rs. 800 to Rs. 900 only.

So if anyone is interested in using this service then please let me know and I will tell you where to buy the tracker from and help you set it up for you.

Here is a video of the SimplyJimny Tracker in action.

DISCLAIMER: SimplyJimny will not be responsible for any damage or loss resulting from the use of this service or device.

2 Likes

Hi, I am interested in the GPS tracker for jimny. I can be reached at .

Editing to remove phone number.

Have added you to our Telegram group and send you the details on how to order the SimplyJimny GPS Tracker with Remote Engine Cut-Off.

I am interested in this can i get some details. in DM maybe

I don’t use Telegram

Hi Nikhil,

Kindly let me know your contact details and for which product do you need details. You can send DM to me on the forum.

Hi, I’m keen to buy the Differential Breather Kit & Engine Start Stop Coupler.

Is there anyone in Delhi who’s got this installed. Need to know who will install this before I order these.

Hi Akshay, welcome. Yes we have many members who got it installed in NCR region. I see you joined our Telegram Group also. Please post a message in the SimplyJimny Diff Breather Kit topic in our telegram group and you will get to know who all installed it in NCR.

1 Like

hi I’m interested in The SimplyJimny Engine Start Stop Coupler. where can I get one?

Hi,

I invite you to join our Telegram group for Jimny owners at Telegram: Contact @simplyjimny

You will get lots more information there.

To order just the ESS coupler you can fill up this form .

After you fill up the form you will need to transfer Rs.1280/- to our UPI Id at 9980342698@hdfcbank

We will ship out the coupler the next day and provide a tracking number.

Hello Sir,

Kindly share me the GPS tracker for jimny to buy and any more reading article about its features

Hi Rahul,

I have added you to the SimplyJimny Telegram Group. You will find a GPS Tracker Topic inside that group. All information about how to order and install the tracker are provided in that topic.

Welcome to SimplyJimny.