Steering wheel not aligned (wheel centralisation)

The vehicle is aligned but the steering wheel is not straight, it’s tilted towards the right (minor).
I have also upgraded the tyre size to 225/75r15,
The dealership simply said that since you have upgraded the tyres we can’t help you.
Anyone else facing the same issue ?

Always make sure the steering is centred and locked and then alignment process is followed.
They can use a computer and make it centre and then perform the alignment again. That’s the only way.

Hi Kevin. I had the exact same issue. Nexa service center said that Jimny does loose alignment when the tyres are upgraded. Several owners faced this issue. Nexa service center just did a regular wheel alignment and fixed it. They must do it. Tell them it only requires normal wheel alignment. Or else, you can wait till your first free service and get it aligned then.

1 Like

The steering somehow changes alignment over time.
I’ve had this same issue multiple times and it goes after normal wheel alignment is done.

This line by dealer is completely false. You should tell them to do wheel alignment as normal and the issue will be resolved.

1 Like

The alignment issue is there with stock tyres also. See an example

The steering alignment sensor and ESP sensor needs be reset and then the alignment be done. For late production batches, this was fixed from the Factory probably. Tyre upgrade talks for this issue are just excuses.

Also check.

1 Like

The same issue persists in my car too. Informed the ASS during second service and the luke response was that I have upgraded the tyres hence the slight right skewed wheel alignment…

Sir,
I spoke with the regional head, the issue got resolved. They called in the demo vehicle exchanged the stock tyres with my upgraded wheels (Apollo Apterra At 225).
It took 3 attempts and Steering Angle Sensor reset using the laptop. The wheel and steering alignment is perfect now. Sorry for the late reply

1 Like