Suzuki Connect alternatives

On my Alpha AT variant, the dealer didn’t quote the Rs 11K for Suzuki Connect for vehicle tracking. Do you all suggest I get it? I have to do street parking often because people park their cars on the street so poorly that often I can’t put in on my driveway. Are there any alternative vehicle tracking devices/apps?

Hi,

As per my information, Suzuki Connect for Jimny is under development and will be availble soon.

If you cannot wait then there are option available in the market that can help track your car using a GPS dongle with a SIM card inside it. Search for Car GPS tracker on Amazon and you will find a lot of them.

Another option is the recently launcher Jiomotive OBD dongle that has all these features and seems to be a good product at least from the description. This is also listed on Amazon.

I have not evaluated or tried these products myself so you will have to do your own research.

Also this discussion is going on our Telegram group also and you can post it there as well.

Our Telegram Group link is Telegram: Contact @simplyjimmy

1 Like

I am using Onelap GPS tracker in my JIMNY. it is free for one year after that the sim get charged, meanwhile suzuki connect will be available.

1 Like

I’ve been using the Jiomotive dongle over the last few days. They have a well-designed app that aggregates the data and complies with the OBD-II standard. The dongle requires a Jio number with a physical SIM, which is then paired with the device as an eSIM. It takes around 4 hours to be activated. My current gripe is that the dongle keeps on drawing from the battery (to keep the in-car WiFi enabled) and the app does not allow export of the data.

Does this mean that it drains power even when ignition is off?

I believe it does. I have not measured how much. Since my current usage results in the vehicle being parked securely, I am using the dongle to read the OBD data rather than “track vehicle when parked”. In other words, I disconnect the dongle after the ignition is switched off. This is likely to change on an upcoming long drive, and I am not sure if I want to keep the dongle plugged in overnight.