[THROTTLE CONTROLLER] EVCx vs Windbooster - Comparison

Special thanks to @Traveler who ordered, reviewed and compared them for us and we have no affiliation with either brands.

Folks, I have evaluated both evcX and Windbooster, not getting time to make a video presently due to other work. However for folks who may be waiting, here is my assessment.

Packing and Quality

evcX is better packaged in terms of quality of box and general overall presentation. It feels premium. It also comes with a small pouch to store the unit when you remove it. Windbooster on the other hand comes in plain White box and does not have that small pouch. However having said that, the hardware inside and the instructions manuals, cable ties etc are all present.

evcX also has a unique option of being able to be connected to the USB-C cable from either side. So you can conveniently position the unit either of the left or the right side of the steering and connect the wire to the left or right USB ports. Windbooster has a single port on the right side of the unit. So it can be placed to the left of the steering wheel, like we do in the Jimny.

Fit and Finish

Both the brands have similar fit and finish of the unit and the box (Controller) that is installed over the accelerator pedal. Quality of couplers and wires is also similar. I could not discern any noticeable difference between the two.

Performance:

evcX and Windbooster work on the same principle by altering the signal of the accelerator potentiometer. Fundamentally the operate on the same principle. Where they differ is the number of modes and the steps of adjustment in each mode. In this case the Windbooster offers more modes and with more levels of adjustment in the respective modes. I am attaching a comparison table for your quick reference also.

Perceived difference in operation

evcX throttle controller and Windbooster both have similar repsonse. However you will need to fine tune Windbooster a bit more to find your preferred setting. The 10 levels of mode adjustment in Windbooster requires a bit more time to set. However the Race and Drag modes on the Windbooster are far more responsive than evcX, in fact in the drag mode the Windbooster has the capability of easily putting the Jimny in a Wheelspin.

Bluetooth

Both units have similar bluetooth features. Infact the pairing method is also surprisingly the same. I have a feeling that both use the same internals that is why the bluetooth pairing and behaviour is similar. Once connected, I did not find any disconnects or other issues with windbooster. It works as intended and as a bonus offers three different layouts to choose from. You can select whichever interface design you prefer.

Warranty and Cost

evcX is about 24K or thereabouts and comes with a lifetime warranty (Atleast thats what they claim on their Australia website), how and when this warranty will be honoured in India is anyone’s guess. Windbooster comes around 17K. They offer a proper GST bill and 2 years warranty on the unit.

YouTube Videos are as below:

[Unboxing]

[Review]

6 Likes

from where i can purchase this ? i am from Mumbai - India

You can contact Brutforce at Contact Us | Asim India and ask to speak with Gagan. Mention that you are a member of SimplyJimny and he will give you a good deal for the Windbooster throttle controller.