Throttle Controller for Jimny

A throttle controlller is a small electronic device that piggybacks on the original throttle controller of your car.

Purpose is to remove the lag and improve throttle response of you car. It is especially useful for cases where the acceleration feels slow even if you floor the accelerator or if you generally want a crisper response from your accelerator.

Many companies make these and EVC is one of them.

The product is simple and takes less than 10 minutes to install. See this link.

A small video review is here

5 Likes

I really hope there’s someone that imports them already for other vehicles.

How does it interact with the ECU. Do we have any pic or link that gives the power-torque curve in different modes? Does this alter fueling or it just lets the engine run lean with more air?

1 Like

I think,It won’t change the power or torque…it just increases/decrease the sensitivity of the excelerator.
Different modes will increase/decrease the sensitivity depends on the mode
1x1
1x2
1x0.5

2 Likes

Thanks Galactic. Interesting tech. I do have an altered throttle tube on my Bike which changes the throttle input to ECU translation in a single mode since it isn’t a ride by wire. But good to learn that anything with ride by wire can achieve multiple modes as well.

Found below 2 min read while digging it further. Just in case anybody want to understand more.
https://mr4x4.com.au/everything-you-need-to-know-about-throttle-controllers-free-horsepower/

1 Like

It doesn’t touch ECU, it only controls the inputs to the throttle sensor. That’s all.

1 Like

So, we got folks tried and tested the following throttle controllers:

Sadly you can’t get a good deal locally and importing with the taxes are cheaper. Let’s see how it goes. ELSE, if someone is coming from UK, get the power plus. due to India - AU trade agreement, looks like we aren’t being asked for any customs duty on the EVCX currently.

Hope we can do a bulk purchase and get a discount from EVCX?

Yup I got throttle controller imported from Australia 10 days back by SAAS drive company. After fitting 235/75 R15 I felt my Jimny to be a bit sluggish. So I bought one through eBay. Couldn’t find it in India.

1 Like

235/75 is very wide for the Jimny. That sluggishness is to be expected.
Can you give more information about the SAAS and the unit as well?
Lastly, welcome to the forum!!

Dear Sir;
The 235 seems apt for the Jimny. I had the same in my Jimny and the tyres doesn’t rub against the fender. Seriously one doesn’t need lift kits to fit 235’s. I did a little bit tightening here and there and it’s looks pretty good.
Now regarding throttle controller, I have observed the people of Australia and South Africa generally do modifications by putting larger tyres with lift kits and all. So the throttle controller I bought was SAAS drive Australia. I bought it through EBay. Took me around 2 weeks to reach. I did the fitting on my own. It costed me around 18k including the shipment charged of around 4 k. And thank god the customs cleared it seeing the weight and size of the box.
Please find the picture of my throttle controller on the right lower side of the Dashboard as attachment
Regards;
Tegbir

2 Likes

wonderful!! Do share some review on its performance.

I also bought the Power+ throttle controller from streettracklife UK. Overall it must have costed me about ~18-20K for me including custom duties. I clubbed my purchase with couple of other accessories (armrest + center console). Unfortunately, my Jimny is still not delivered.

Really relieved to see that you have already tested this same unit on Indian spec jimny !

Also wanted to know if there is a way to install the TC in a non-permanent way. I dont want the TC to be visible when i send my car for service. Also i dont want the hassle of cutting cable ties and tapes every time the car is due for service.

I was thinking of using velcro strips to do the installation, which might make uninstallation a bit easier.

1 Like

It’s very simple to unplug the TC. You could either use Velcro if you need to completely remove the TC or check if you can just disconnect the display unit only in case that uses a USB cable.

Any idea on getting the product in India without the hassles of getting it from outside. don’t mind paying little extra for it !!

Welcome to the forum. You can get the TC locally from a couple of places that were mentioned in our Telegram Group.

You can join the group by clicking the following link Telegram: Contact @simplyjimmy

I purchased windbooster from uglare contact no : 9818952900

1 Like

how is the performance after installing TC ?

Sorry for delay. Due to color selection I got my Jimny on 9th October. Throttle controller is excellent. My main use is eco in city and sport mode in Highways, Now there is no lag in highway drive. Very useful and recommended.

3 Likes

My observations after over 9,000 kilometres of EVC X use.

• Excellent overall performance
  • Minimal effect on milege
  • Easy to use application
  • Smooth transition between modes.

A must-have item, in my opinion.

As i tried some website as well as on amazone but its not available to mumbai shipment ? any other link or options ?